Have you spotted the signs fall is approaching?
- Swallowtail butterflies have reached their peak numbers and are beginning to decline. New springs adults will overwinter in the chrysalis stage
- Sunrise a bit later and sunset a bit earlier each day
- Spider webs are everywhere
- Crickets, grasshoppers and their brethren have set up a constant chorus. Folklore says first frost of fall will come 2-3 months after the first cricket chirp of summer
October 2, 2019 @ CR WEST ROTARY.....this is what you missed.....
- State Representative Ashley Hinson updated us on happenings from the Iowa State House
- YUMMY October birthday treats from our first rate baker and member - LIZ DURHAM
- Cliff Ehlinger did a fine job as my first Man Wednesday! Only had to elbow him once!
Betty Ehlinger & James Nelson Rallied our Troops!
and we DID IT! West came through again to meet our dollar goal to buy new winter coats for our kids at Van Buren Elementary. Thank you, thank you, thank you club members!
Fall Scholarship Fundraiser - November 7! Dinner, auctions, fun - Is it on your calendar?
METRO NEWS REMINDER
- All clubs service project is Saturday, October 26, CEDAR LAKE Beautification, 9-11 with a social immediately following at the Sag Wagon. Come to help and stay as long or as short as you can! Signup sheet will be passed again Wednesday for any additions to our volunteer list.
Board minutes are posted on our club website. Next board meeting October 10 at Hills Bank on Williams Blvd. SW, 4 pm. Join us!
just a reminder....November Rotary Foundation month.....join Downtown Rotary at DoubleTree on November 4 to hear speaker Razia Jan. NO November 6 Wednesday meeting. Sign up details will be shared later.
COMING TOMORROW - OCTOBER 9 at WEST
- Program - Rod Blocksome, Collins Radio's Role in the Apollo Space Program
Join us at noon, African American Museum of Iowa and bring a friend!
penny l. olson
President - Cedar Rapids West Rotary where