Attendance is important. According to the International and District guidelines, Regular - Active members are expected to maintain a 50% attendance average. Because Rotarians are busy people, it is often difficult to attend the Wednesday noon weekly meetings. To help maintain an active Rotary "life" and keep attendance high for both the individual and the club, Rotarians are encouraged to seek out and complete meeting make-ups. Following are some ideas for make-ups:
- Attend another Rotary Club meeting anywhere in the world and bring a written record of such attendance back to the club secretary. Rotary club locations, meeting times and locations, can be obtained from both the District 5970 and International web-sites.
- Attend/Participate in a Rotary committee, board, or work session – Club, District, or International. Attending an Interact meeting is a good way to obtain at least one meeting make-up.
- Attend/Participate in a scheduled Rotary social function – dance, auction, dinner theater, parade, etc
- Attend/Participate in a Rotary conference – District or International
- Attend/Participate in a "special" Rotary meeting make-up opportunity that may be held at a state or national function such as the Iowa State Fair, RAGBRI, Cruise Ship, etc.
- Participate in "Rotary e-Club One." This is a web-based Rotary Club that can be accessed at www.rotaryeclubone.org. Obviously, this site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply follow the instructions, complete the task(s), and obtain your printed "attendance record" for the club secretary.
For the times of other clubs, use Rotary International's Club Locator or emakeups.